WARP Summit 2017 : Marching DPCW
- In May 25, 2013 ‘The Declaration of World Peace’ was proclaimed.
- In Sep 16-19, 2014 World Alliance of Religions’ Peace (WARP) Summit
- ln Sep 18-19, 2015 Convention on the Renunciation and Cessation of War and International Armed Conflicts
- ln Nov 12-13, 2015 Committee meeting convenes to draft the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War
- In March 14, 2016 New international law was proclaimed by HWPL International Law Peace Committee(more info). It was called DPCW(Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War). (DPCW is here)
- Now ‘Legislate peace campaign’ is carrying on
DPCW Article 9 – Religion, ethnic identity and peace
1. States should engage in multilateral consultations to deal with situations where differences attributable to religion or ethnicity pose a threat to peace so that necessary remedial action may be taken and to identify the root causes of a situation causing tension between different religious or ethnic groups, in order to adopt necessary measures to promote mutual understanding between the groups concerned.
2. States should take measures to ensure that religious belief or ethnic identity are not utilised as a pretext for gross and systematic acts of violence. In circumstances where individuals or groups perpetrate or assist in such acts in the name of their religion, states should take adequate measures that lead to the prosecution and punishment of such activities.
3. Recognising the threat to peaceful coexistence that violent religious extremism may cause, states should implement, in good faith, legal measures against individuals or groups attempting to perpetrate or assist in gross and systematic acts of violence in the name of religion. Such measures should, in extreme cases, include the proscription of faith groups – including sects or cults – that perpetrate acts of violence against the territorial integrity and political independence of any state.
“The very work that we are pursuing is the work of healing of nations. Once implemented, this Law will be engraved in the hearts of many people to have a peaceful life.“ – Chairman Lee