What a beautiful peace day!
In Fiji, the hibiscus is blooming at children’s hands. The hibiscus is the national flower of Fiji. Fiji is an island country in Melanesia. Fiji’s main attractions to tourists are white sandy beaches and aesthetically pleasing islands with all-year-round tropical weather. In peace education, children of Fiji stick flowers on the picture of the tank which symbolize war and conflict. Why? They wished for achieving peace in the world. Children don’t know nothing. They know it clearly. Maybe they know it better than us, adults. “Peace is good and war is bad.” Very simple. Maybe, we don’t need other things, social, economic and political issues, complex and chronic problems. We must keep our children’s heart.
“I think peace is having tolerance, respect and love each other. By loving each other and respecting each other we can find how we can stop fighting in the classroom too.” – Salemba, one of the students.
Peace education : DPCW Article 10
It is the reason why children can study peace. Heavenly Culture, World Peace, Restoration of Light (HWPL), an international NGO under the UN ECOSOC and UN DPI, held a peace event “Blooming Flowers of Cessation of War in Fiji” on October 24th at Yat Sen primary school of Suva in Fiji. This lesson really helps children and students understand each other. All of these things is from DPCW, which is an international law to cease the war. Article 10 of DPCW is “Spread a Culture of Peace” Recognizing the global threats posed by nuclear, HWPL International Law Peace Committee suggested the DCPW (Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War) on March 14, 2016.
“This was a step forward to create peace enviroment among students. Teachers, we, have to use positive ways to create or maintain peace environment in the classroom. I think peace activities hosted by HWPL like today is beneficial for students. We need to give them reminding every now and then.” – Mrs. Chandra, a teacher of Yat sen primary school
WARP Summit 2017 : Road to Peace
- In May 25, 2013 The Declaration of World Peace was proclaimed.
- In Sep 16-19, 2014 World Alliance of Religions’ Peace (WARP) Summit
- ln Sep 18-19, 2015 Convention on the Renunciation and Cessation of War and International Armed Conflicts
- In Nov 12-13, 2015 Committee meeting convenes to draft the Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War
- In March 14, 2016 New international law was proclaimed by HWPL International Law Peace Committee(more info). It was called DPCW(Declaration of Peace and Cessation of War). (DPCW is here)